Marlin factory info

Other discussions not necessarily relating to guns

Moderator: Moderators

buletpruf
Beginner

Marlin factory info

Post by buletpruf »

I will be in the area of the marlin factory in may, and i was trying to find out if marlin gives tours of the factory. Does anyone know if they do for individules. thanks jon
buletpruf
DEERSLAYER11
Beginner

Re: Marlin factory info

Post by DEERSLAYER11 »

hi bulet pruf,i don't know but here is thier main switchboard # (203)-239-5621 :wink:
buletpruf
Beginner

Post by buletpruf »

Thank you deerslayer11, I will try this number, I have gome through the 800 number and get lost in the phone system, I leave a message as instructed but no one gets back to me. Thanks again I will try this no#. jon
buletpruf
JohnK
Sharpshooter

Post by JohnK »

Try calling the gun repair number. Ask for Ed Goldshinsky. He was able to help me get in to visit the plant. It's well worth the time to deal with the phone time to get the chance to see Marlins in the making :D
Paratrooper Dave
Beginner

Post by Paratrooper Dave »

I live about an hour north of the Marlin factory which is in North Haven, Connecticut.

When I need work done one one of my Marlins, I hop in the car and take it directly to their factory.

The people at Marlin are always extremely polite in saying that as a result of instructions issued to Marlin (and other gun manufacturers as well ...) by the Federal DHS that due to September 11, 2001 security issues, individual and group factory tours are not allowed at the present time.

But, I'd say give them a call and see what happens. Good luck too !!

Paratrooper Dave
Last edited by Paratrooper Dave on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paratrooper Dave
Dave Lamenzo
MAPLE EDGE HEREFORD FARM
4 Maple Edge Drive
Bloomfield, CT 06002
TEL.: 860-242-7729
FAX: 860-242-6223
E-MAIL: dlamenzo@comcast.net
hocbj23
Beginner

Post by hocbj23 »

paratrooper Dave: Dont mean to hijack the thread,but what unit and when? Iwas in 82nd Abn, from 6/61 to 9/68 primarily B/1/503 plus some others.Thnx.bj
Paratrooper Dave
Beginner

Post by Paratrooper Dave »

6/4/09

bj,

Thanks for the note.

Completed Infantry OCS in early 3/07 and was assigned to the 101st.

After Airborne School and a brief leave, I reported to the 101st at Fort Campbell and was assigned to C-1/501 as the 2nd Platoon Leader.

Went Ranger School in the summer of '67 and when I returned to the 1/501, I was assigned to D-1/501 as its XO. Went to RVN with the Division in late 11/67.

Just before the 2nd Brigade moved north and the Tet "party", D Company's CO had me take over its 3rd Platoon. A great and eager group of troopers to say the least.

I stayed with the 1/501, mostly with D's 3rd Platoon and a few stints as its CO (only a 1LT and had to go back to the 3rd when a Captain was sent in) and while healing from wounds, a few stints with HHC, for just about all of my '67-'68 tour in RVN. Spent my last month with the 82nd's 3rd Brigade Hq (down north of Saigon) to allow for more DEROS staggering of the 101st officers.

Believe me bj, I can't say enough good about the 101st - a great fighting unit with courageous, skilled and dedicated paratroopers.

Again, thanks for the note !!

Paratrooper Dave