Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

Besta1
Beginner

Post by Besta1 »

New to Marlins, I belong to the Cody museum. The information on Winchester’s are great. Is there a simple service for Marlin’s , research, registered letters , etc.?
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: 1889

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Besta1;

The Marlin Firearms Collectors Association, Ltd. has a copy of the old Marlin records, just like the records that Cody has. As a member of the MFCA, members are allowed to get all of the information for free that is contained in the records. Unfortunately, the Association cannot write official letters as that was one of the conditions demanded by the Marlin Firearms Company when they kindly gave permission for the Association to have a copy of the records. If you want an official letter, that must come from Cody so as they get the monetary funding to help maintain the museum. A member of MFCA can email or make a phone call to find out what is contained in the records for any particular serial number.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
Road King
Expert

Post by Road King »

This is a great service offered to members and I must say thank you Rick for timely responses to my many inquires. This information and service has saved me a lot of money sometimes before investing into a firearm that may have been altered. But on the other side it has helped put some nice guns in my collection.
Road King
" More guns then I need, but not as many as I want."
oodmoff
Marksman

Post by oodmoff »

Road King

I concur....Rick has always been Johnny-on-the-spot with a quick turn around for any inquiries I have had for him in the past.
It has saved me $$$ in verifying configuration on specific serial numbered guns. A great resource and benefit for members.
Thanks
Darin
Besta1
Beginner

Post by Besta1 »

Thanks, just printed off the membership form. Is there an email address to send a serial number request to or is everything done off this site?
Besta1
Beginner

Post by Besta1 »

So I re-read above and you already answered the question to email address. Thanks again.