Marlin 338 rifle

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

kstein
Beginner

Marlin 338 rifle

Post by kstein »

I am selling for a deceased friend's widow a 338 Marlin caliber stainless steel rifle, It has never been fired, however there is no box, just the rifle and 6 boxes of Hornady ammo. I tried gunbroker to look for a current price range, but there are none listed. Any help in pricing this rifle is appreciated. Thanks, Ken
harleyhutch
Beginner

Re: Marlin 338 rifle

Post by harleyhutch »

Not an expert but sounds like you have a Marlin 338 Express. They never really seem to catch on. Having some ammo is a plus, finding more for the prospective buyer may be an issue. Anyone's guess as to what one will bring, that being said, what ever can be negotiated between the buyer and seller. One NIB would be an entirely different story to a collector.
338winmag@tpg.com.au
Beginner

Post by 338winmag@tpg.com.au »

Come on Marlin Bring back the 338 Marlin Express! There is no other firearm Company Make Leaver Action for 338 pojectile if it not the 338 marlin why not think about Specing it for 338winmag maybe but still like to see come back of 338 marlin Express i'd be put order in to day if know it was back.
i'd love thought's on this dont know why go rid of it in the frist place. Please Please bring it back I'd love it if you guys did.
Last edited by 338winmag@tpg.com.au on Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Post by marlinman93 »

It was a tough cartridge to reload for as the selection of bullets was extremely limited. If bullet makers got on board and offered a decent variety of bullets it might have survived.
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!