Model 1893

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

Canadian Owner
Beginner

Model 1893

Post by Canadian Owner »

Looking for some information and possible value of a Model 1893, 30-30. I inherited from my father. Prior to his passing he stated it was his grandfathers rifle.I know there are issues with determining the date of manufacture but I will put it out there anyway. 444409 is on the bottom of the rifle. On the side of the barrel which appears to be nickel plated it states SPECIAL SMOKELESS STEEL. beside that on the barrel it states Marlin Firearms Co., New Haven CT. USA. It also has the patent dates and years stamped on the barrel. It also has the saddle ring.

Any information about the rifle would be appreciated. Possible manufacture year as well as possible value at a minimum.

Thanks in advance.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Model 1893

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Canadian Owner;

Sounds like a Model 1893 Saddle Ring Carbine. With a serial number range in the 444,000 range, your carbine would have been made somewhere in the late 1913 or early 1914 era.
As to value, that is determined by the amount and condition of the original factory finish on the wood and metal. Without knowing or seeing these conditions, it is really not possible to give an estimation of value at this time.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Post by marlinman93 »

Could you elaborate on how you determined it was a carbine from the OP's post? Was it simply because the saddle ring?
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!
shootrj2003
Marksman

Post by shootrj2003 »

" .The OP aisle needs to post more info on the specs such as barrel length and contour and type of butt plate,good chance it is.pictures help too...we like pictures!!
being of a mind that an armed populace is a free populace.... i'm armed!