Marlin 455 bolt action

Anthing you think is a big bore

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

f1motion
Beginner

Marlin 455 bolt action

Post by f1motion »

I just obtained a very nice Marlin 455 30.06 bolt action rifle, and am having a hard time removing the bolt from the reciver, I tried holding the trigger pulled like my Mossin but no luck,any one have a clue?
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/f ... 0000-1.jpg
JohnK
Sharpshooter

Re: Marlin 455 bolt action

Post by JohnK »

I think you rifle is broken and you should sell it to me... :shock: :D

No, not really... To get your bolt out of the receiver you will find a small lever on the left rear side of the receiver. You will need to pull it outward then pull your bolt out past the point it stopped when opening it before. Once you get past the point of where it would have stopped, you can let up on the lever and the bolt should be out. There's no need to pull the trigger, since it doesn't have any effect on removing the bolt.

You have great rifle! One that I have searched far and near for. I am trying to find the 455 in 308 caliber though.

Good Luck and enjoy your rare find! :)
f1motion
Beginner

Post by f1motion »

Thank you very much, it worked just as you said,and by the way do you have any idea what this rifle is worth, its in great condition ,bore , blueing is about 98% and just great condition...
JohnK
Sharpshooter

Post by JohnK »

The two I own I paid $600 for the first one that is in very good condtion. The other one has a super nice stock and someone had the plate on the bottom engraved and silver inlaid. I paid $800 for it. Both of them I bought about 8-9 years ago, so I have no idea what the market value of one is now. I'm hoping more!

The 455 in 308 is the only center fire bolt action rifle that Marlin produced originally that I am missing in my collection. Hopefully I'll eventually find one. :)

I don't know if you know much about your 455, but it has an adjustable trigger by Sako in it and the action/receiver is a Mauser. Marlin was nice at putting in special options that not everyone is aware of.