Back from Iraq...

Anthing you think is a big bore

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

Dyllan
Beginner

Back from Iraq...

Post by Dyllan »

Well the last time I went to Iraq I came back, (thank God) and bought me a 1895 Marlin Century Limited Edition 45-70 brand new, still in the box and still had the cosmoliean on it... Well I took it all apart and cleaned the heck out of it.... That was a few years ago... Now I just retired from the military and realized I must have lost the instructions I had on how to take this bad boy apart to parade rest during the move down to Florida......

Can anyone point me in the right direction on printing out step by step direction on taking this fine piece of weaponry apart..

Respectfully,
Mark
USN
Naval Special Warfare
21 yrs
Retired
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!! Lead, Follow, Or Get The *beep* Out Of The Way!!!
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Back from Iraq...

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Mark;

First off, THANK YOU for your service to our country.

A simple takedown for cleaning is to cock the hammer and open the action part way. Remove the lever screw, and pull the lever out of the action. The breech bolt is now free to be removed from the receiver so the barrel can be cleaned from the breech end.
If you wish to take the gun down further, remove the butt stock then release all pressure of the hammer spring from the hammer. You can now remove the hammer screw and hammer, then the front receiver screw up near the forearm. There should be a screw in the left side of the receiver, just above the lower tang, about in the middle, remove this screw. This will allow the lower tang to be removed and access to all the internal works. You can remove the lifter screw and the lifter if you want to now. The Marlin action is really pretty simple to work on and put back together. Good luck........and Thank you again!
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
big shrek
Pro-Marksman

Post by big shrek »

It's worse than that...he's dead, Jim. You grab his tricorder, I'll get his wallet.
Bear 45/70
Marksman 1st Class

Post by Bear 45/70 »

On the Marlin web site under support are all the manuals available for download.

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/CustomerS ... anuals.asp
Bear 45/70

"My pistol and my rifle are merely the tools, I am the weapon."
Margery
Beginner

Post by Margery »

Thanks for coming back and returning to the army man, we all appreciate that. As for your question, I totally support Regnier, he has articulated what was on the tip of my tongue
scrabble http://playscrabble.net/
Sure-Shot
Distinguished Expert

Post by Sure-Shot »

please Email me a mailing address
GBOT, GBUSA