Yet another Model 90 ?

Anything Shot Gun related

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

lefty41
Beginner

Yet another Model 90 ?

Post by lefty41 »

Hello all, I lurk here quite often but rarely post. Love Marlin Levers and have this one Model 90 12ga. that I would like too know more about. It is much like some other recent posts, and I will attempt to describe it.
12 ga.; straight stock (checkered in the neck only); both the 26" MOD/IMP and the 30" FULL/X-FULL (I think). Both barrels and receiver have the same serial No. G 6xx. Both barrels have vent rims from Simmons Gun Specialites Inc., Kansas City, MO.
Shotgun is in 90-95% class and shots modern 2 3/4" no. 7's very well. I have owned the shotgun for about twenty years, but haven't shot it very much.
The recoil pad is fitted nicely and is a Pachmayr ventilated with a white spacer. Stock has the Marlin white circle like all my levers.
Any idea on age, value, or any comments are welcomed.
Thank you!
SteveW
Distinguished Expert

Post by SteveW »

G = 1950. The Simmons ribs & pad are aftermarket accessories. Value is always a tough call - especially where shotguns are concerned. The competition folks are not always concerned over originality. The pad might take away several dollars, though.

I'll pass on guessing the worth of this one. Unless some shotgun buffs see this and reply, I'd say your best bet for value is to watch the auction sites to see what similar shotguns are actually selling for.... Not what they are listed for... if the gun does not sell; the price means little. SW
I am really not an expert - distinguished or otherwise!!
actionsportsaz
Beginner

Post by actionsportsaz »

I was watching these 90's for a while and the good ones go for 300-500 at times. SOme would sit on the market for months. Get a gunbroker.com account and search. As its a 1950 gun its C&R eligible, opens up your market some.

I'd give you $300 for it :D (may be worth more, though)
Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. - Plato