1894 Stock Checkering

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --
California Liberal

1894 Stock Checkering

Post by California Liberal »

I've been shopping for a 1894C .357 Mag. Some 1894Cs have stock checkering and black walnut wood. Others are plain with some other wood. They seem to have the same model number. How can I tell them apart without actually handling the gun? Am I missing some detail about the model numbers?

Thanks!

Post by Guest »

also, liberal and from california.....and shopping for a marlin 1894c. i have also noted the differences you mention for the same model number 1894C. perhaps we're shopping at the same places? i see there have been no answers here. the checkered stock i saw at a bonafide gunshop and the uncheckered riflle at Big 5. about a $100 difference when the Big 5 1894C is on sale.

movie zombie

eta: and owner of several revolvers and a marlin 57 .22lr.

Post by Guest »

no one cares to help the newbies? may be liberal but that's not exclusive to being in support of the 2nd amendment. use it or lose it.

anyone at all have an ideas here?

movie zombie

ps have heard nothing but good re marlin 1894C so i guess i can't go wrong with either.
Leverdude
Marksman

Post by Leverdude »

Not sure when they did it but I think all except the cowboy models are now checkered. If you find one unchecked its not current production, theyre basiclly the same gun though.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:12 am.
Ken,

http://photobucket.com/albums/a186/Leverdude/?

Freedoms not free!
Support your NRA!