Early 39A Parts

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --
squirrelsstillhateme

Early 39A Parts

Post by squirrelsstillhateme »

Hello all,

Was registered here once (as squirrelshateme) but can't log in (I think because I'm an infrequent at best poster). Anyway, have an early-ish Model 39A (1947) and need the magazine tube band. Does anyone have one or know of a reliable source (besides Jack First - they don't have it, and Numrich - they sent me the wrong one)? And if you happen to have an extractor for an 1897 I'd be interested in that too (can get it from Wisners but would be happy to get everything together). And lastly (this may be laughable but I figured I'll ask anyway) a lever for a 39/1897 Deluxe?

Thanks - Bert
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Re: Early 39A Parts

Post by marlinman93 »

Wisners should not only have the ejector, but also the mag tube hanger. I assume you meant the hanger, unless ou have a carbine that actually has some sort of band?
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!
squirrelsstillhateme

Re: Early 39A Parts

Post by squirrelsstillhateme »

Thanks for that. Yes, the hanger. I think numrich called it a band so I went with that. As I understand it Wisners mag tube sets (with hanger) are advertised as replacements for 39s, 97s, 92s and 91s which are 3/8" dovetails so any easy swap. I don't know about the pre-war 39As but immediately post-war (1946,47 I know for sure) Marlin used a wider dovetail on the hanger and then switched back to 3/8. Don't when the switch back occured but I will try Wisners. Hopefully they made up a few wide hangers, have some lying around or know where to get them.

Thanks again - Bert

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri May 16, 2008 3:28 am.