Marlin 39 Century Ltd. 22 Calibur Rifle

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --
mcdonoughishere

Marlin 39 Century Ltd. 22 Calibur Rifle

Post by mcdonoughishere »

Hi,
My dad bought a 22 Marlin LTD edition in 1970. It has the octagon barrell. No. 32461 Does this limited edition gun have any value. It has only been fired about 20 times and that was when he bought it in 1970.
Thanks
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Re: Marlin 39 Century Ltd. 22 Calibur Rifle

Post by marlinman93 »

Every Marlin has value, and the better the condition, the better the value. The 1970 commemoratives will generally bring a bit more than typical Marlins from that era, and especially if the original packaging was kept intact. If it's like new, without the box, it should bring $50-$75 more than a 1969 or 1971 std. model 39a.
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!
croscow

Post by croscow »

I have the same rifle. I rec'd this in 1970 for Christmas from my Dad...as did my brother. We believe they were sold in pairs only. I am now 50 years old. I have one...can't find the other. It is exactly as you described. Do you still have yours? I realize your post is years old!

Chas Roscow
Silver Spring, MD
chrifle
Marksman 1st Class

Post by chrifle »

There was a cased commemorative set honoring the 100th anniversary of Marlin, but these were engraved models - one a 39A and the other a 336A in .30-30. 1000 sets were produced for the 1970 model year; both rifles came packaged in a single "luggage type" case with green felt interior. The Century Ltd 39A was a different rifle as described above, with brass accent buttplate, forearm cap and buttstock sideplate (and production numbered almost 35,000 rifles).
marlinshooter71

Post by marlinshooter71 »

Hello, my grandpa gave me a Marlin 39 Century LTD. 22. for me completing hunter safty. I have the origanal box and the gun wich has never been shot. Also the hamer has never been pulled back. the trigger is brass plated along with the but plate. does anyone know how much this might be worth?