The New Marlin Comedy Show

Any questions related to guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

Pete44ru
Marksman

The New Marlin Comedy Show

Post by Pete44ru »

I hope you're as entertained as I am.

"This auction is for a very nice Marlin 1889 Safety Lever chamber in 38-40 WCF. This is a very rare model because of it's 28" barrel, which only 2,260 were made compared to the 26" version where almost 40,000 were made. This gun is in good condition for it's age, the stock shows no cracks or repairs.

There is a very light bulge about 4" from the end of the barrel where the factory gas relief is, but I understand this is common for the barrel.

Most of the bluing is all there and shows normal wear marks. There is an eight inch spot on one of the flat sides of the octagon barrel where the blue has worn off, other than that the blue looks normal.Both the sight are original and functional. I would call this gun about 70% on the condition scale, conservatively. Must be sent to an FFL, this gun is available to all states. Payment by postal money order, or Visa/MC with a 3% charge. Buyer pays $25 insured shipping."

The seller is "SUBCUE", from Knoxville, TN.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =183145994

Parley Baer
Distinguished Expert

Re: The New Marlin Comedy Show

Post by Parley Baer »

That is to funny. :mrgreen:
It's a chancey job and it makes a man watchfull....and a little lonely.
Kid Sopris
Beginner

Post by Kid Sopris »

That is a gross misrepresentation. I reported it to GB Staff.
Kid Sopris
Beginner

Post by Kid Sopris »

Looks like my Complaint to GB and the Seller did something:

"There is a very, very light bulge about 4" from the end of the barrel, it in no way affects the shootability of this rifle and you will not see it if you are not looking for it."

Gunbroker response:

Fraud
8/10/2010 11:37:55 AM
GBSupport1015 The seller appears to have edited the description.
8/9/2010 3:20:47 PM
My complaint, Description: "There is a very light bulge about 4" from the end of the barrel where the factory gas relief is, but I understand this is common for the barrel." That is a gross misrepresentation!
Bear 45/70
Marksman 1st Class

Post by Bear 45/70 »

Did you notice, the only blurred picture is the one of the barrel?

My narrative would be;

"Have nice gun, only problem is the barrel is junk. So find another barrel and have a fine gun. Of course whatever caused the bulge could not possibly of hurt the action, snicker-snicker. Disclaimer: Remember I am a salesman and everybody know we never lie, just like lawyers never lie."
Bear 45/70

"My pistol and my rifle are merely the tools, I am the weapon."