1961 Marlin 336 sc rem.35 parts

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --
mzirk2e

1961 Marlin 336 sc rem.35 parts

Post by mzirk2e »

I have a 1961 Marlin 336 sc in 35 remington. The magazine tube plug looks like it is broke or missing a cap or somthing.
I can look inside about a half inch and see a screw.
Does anybody Know what this is suposed to look like? Do I need a new magazine tube plug?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: 1961 Marlin 336 sc rem.35 parts

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Mzirk2e;

You should not be able to look down inside the magazine tube at all. It sounds like you are missing the magazine tube plug all together. The screw you see is the screw that holds the magazine tube plug to the stud that holds the magazine to the bottom of the barrel.
Simply go to www.e-gunparts.com (Numrich Gun Parts) and go to the Marlin section and order a magazine tube plug. You already have the magazine tube stud and screw, so all you need is the plug.
Good luck............
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
mzirk2e

Re: 1961 Marlin 336 sc rem.35 parts

Post by mzirk2e »

I just received the tube plug and it does not fit. Ordered it from MidwayUSA. It was for a 336 35 cal but it did not specify year of the gun or if it was an SC (sporting combine) Does anybody know if there are different tube plugs for different year 336 and different models?
I called marlin direct and ordered it told them 1961 Marlin 336 sc rem.35 but didnt ask them the above question.
Thanks again
Mike

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:59 am.