Model 3365C

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

Chuck
Beginner

Model 3365C

Post by Chuck »

I inherited a marlin 3365C, it has a barrel length of 191/2 in. The rifle is a lever action 35 rem caliber saddle gun with a flip over scope mount. The only info I have is that it was my Grandfathers and has had about 5 rounds fired through it. (Ieven have the allegeded original box of ammo with 5 missing. My dad never fired it but one of my sons did while I was deployed. Can anyone tell me anything about this rifle?
Bear 45/70
Marksman 1st Class

Re: Model 3365C

Post by Bear 45/70 »

Try RC, there ain't no 5C. Can't tell you much without a serial number to date the thing.
Bear 45/70

"My pistol and my rifle are merely the tools, I am the weapon."
Chuck
Beginner

Post by Chuck »

Bear. My apologies it is a 336SC. SN-L18285.
Bear 45/70
Marksman 1st Class

Post by Bear 45/70 »

SC stands for Saddle Carbine. L would mean 1954. It has Ballard rifling rather than Micro-groove. I have a 336SC in 30-30 made in 1950, it shoots great but my old eyes can't see the open sights anymore and since it is not drilled and tapped, no scope. It will be with me until I die and the second daughter (she is the shooter and hunter of the kids) will get it then.
Bear 45/70

"My pistol and my rifle are merely the tools, I am the weapon."
airedaleman
Beginner

Post by airedaleman »

Bear 45/70 wrote:SC stands for Saddle Carbine. L would mean 1954. It has Ballard rifling rather than Micro-groove. I have a 336SC in 30-30 made in 1950, it shoots great but my old eyes can't see the open sights anymore and since it is not drilled and tapped, no scope. It will be with me until I die and the second daughter (she is the shooter and hunter of the kids) will get it then.

SC in Marlin terminology stands for sporting carbine...
Whatever happens, we have got
The Maxim Gun
And they have not.

Hilaire Belloc
Chuck
Beginner

Post by Chuck »

Thank you all. The rifle came with a flip over scope mount and a Red Chief 4 power scope. Now that I'm a retired vet, I will take it out to the range. It will be a bit different than a C7 and a Browning 9mm! It's been a real long time since I fired a rifle for pleasure! I also plead the dimming eyesite, otherwise there would not have been the original mistake of confusing an 5 for an S.
Calvin MD
Beginner

Post by Calvin MD »

'54 must have been a banner year for Marlin and selling Sporting carbines,..especially in 35Rem...I have one also in Mint condition and its wearing an old K4 Weaver with the standing post reticle...Killed a bunch of nice Texas pigs a few years back with it after inheriting it...thats when the Marlin bug bit me hard...it was the greatest feeling in the world to take game with a rifle that had a previous history..I was just helping it start chapter 2 :)