Age of an old marlin I just came in contact with.

This is an area for guests to post questions

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot, Marlin

Forum rules
I have unlocked this forum but made it read only for non members -- Webmaster --
jdbutler2006

Age of an old marlin I just came in contact with.

Post by jdbutler2006 »

The gun is a marlin model 1893.Markings on barrel are,factory adress,patents from oct 02/1887;apr02/1889;aug01/1893, special smokless steel,.30-30 stamped on top of barrel behind rear sight. Barrel lenght is 20". Top of action stamped marlin safety. The tang is tapped for installation of tang sight and stamped model 1893. The side of tang is stamped with serial # A67. Bottom of action has no opening for testing of follower.The front sight is a blade between two lower blades with a pin through them. Magazine is full lenght. Barrel band,magazine end cap,trigger and cresent butte plate are painted brass in color. Bore is in fair condition with some pitting.The side of action opposite of the ejection port has two holes that are not treaded towards the rear.The springs inside are flat not coils.The wood is exceptional in grain and appearence with minor handling marks. Email adress is jdbutler2006@yahoo.ca. Your responses will be appreciated.
Last edited by jdbutler2006 on Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marlinman93
Distinguished Expert

Post by marlinman93 »

Sounds like it's from around WWI era. Of course the brass trim (or paint) is not factory.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:13 am.
Marlin lever actions 1870's-WWI, Ballards, and single shot rifles!