Barrel twist rates

Anything to do with Rimfire guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

utvolsfan77
Beginner

Barrel twist rates

Post by utvolsfan77 »

Regnier (gunrunner),

I know Marlin used a 1:16.0 twist rate on most of their .22 rimfire rifles. I'm trying to find out if that was also the case for the Glenfield models 10 and 25. I've found just about everything else I wanted to know, but I cannot seem to find much information on the actual twist rates of individual models.

Do you (or anyone else) have any insight on this? Thanks in advance for all of your help and knowledge.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Re: Barrel twist rates

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Utvolsfan77;

The Model 10 was the Marlin Model100G and the Model 25 was the Marlin Model 782, but in .22 Long Rifle instead of the .22 Magnumn. These Glenfield guns were made on the same equipment and utilized the same tool and dies as the Marlin production guns. The only real difference between the Marlin production guns and the Glenfield guns was the stock. Marlin guns had walnut stocks whereas the Glenfield guns had a walnut stained hardwood, usually birch. So the rifling would be the same as on regular Marlin production guns.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.
utvolsfan77
Beginner

Post by utvolsfan77 »

Thanks! By the way, I see you hail from the Sunshine State.....what part are you in? I was stationed at Fort Leavenworth for almost three years in the early 1990s, right after the first Gulf War.
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Utvolsfan77;

North central part of the good ole Sunflower state. I am west of Leavenworth about an hour and a half. Or, about 450 miles east of Denver.
Due to the increasing cost of ammunition, there will be no warning shot!

The growing federal deficit = generational slavery to the national debt.

If the world was perfect.......it wouldn't be.