magazine for 89C

Anything to do with Rimfire guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

rwg587
Beginner

magazine for 89C

Post by rwg587 »

Desperately looking for a magazine ( or a couple of ) for an 89C Marlin, believe it only holds 7 each, or so I remember from my teenage years, back in the 60's. I have had the rifle repaired and refinished because it came from a loved, trusted, and somewhat significant original owner, (historical figure). All the 7 shot magazines I have found have a locking notch on the rear of the mag with a measurement of 1 1/4" to 1 3/8" from the bottom of the mag. The one(s) I am looking for have a notch that measures 5/8" to 13/16"from the bottom. Even a part number for correct mag would help a lot. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You Very Much
rwg587
Beginner

Re: magazine for 89C

Post by rwg587 »

FOUND IT, took awhile to locate and specs have changed but Gun Parts Corp. (Numrich) had it. Marlin parts number is #195950A, same parts number for Gun Parts Corp. cost about $40.00 each depending on tax charged. MAIN problem in locating was that the old magazine only held 7 rounds, at some point Marlin updated to a ten round magazine. This new one holds 10 each rounds each and DUE TO the locking notch being in the RIGHT location, it works perfectly, YIPPIE, all of the other replacement magazines I found and purchased had the locking notch in the wrong location so they would not work. THANK YOU Gun Parts Corp and for this forum.