Wish me Luck, 1894CB44

Anything to do with Lever Action Guns

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

jstanfield103
Beginner

Wish me Luck, 1894CB44

Post by jstanfield103 »

Guy's/Gal's

I recently have been looking for a Marlin in 44 Mag. 1894 of course. But have not been able to find one locally. I found a Henry H010 in 45/70 that I bought because it was available and they are not taking anymore orders till after the first of the year sometime due to them being so far behind. So that is the only Henry that I have and the action is a Marlins action anyway for the most part. About a week later I stopped by another LGS that i rarely visit and found a 1894CB45, Happy, Happy, Happy, bought that one also. But still looking for a 44 Magnum. Decided that I like the 1894CB so well that is what I wanted in my 44 Mag. I looked on GunBroker and there were only two available at the time, so I purchased the cheapest one new in the box. Serial number shows it was built in 2014. My 1894CB45 was built in 2012, and it is outstanding to me and my opinion. So this 2014 should be just as good, or atleast I am crossing my fingers. It's paid for and FFL sent, so the wait begins. Pictures were not the best but it is new in box so I am hoping that it will be good. I have purchased several guns off of GunBroker and have only been burnt once. So wish me luck on this one, it was priced fairly high, about two hundred more than I paid for my 1894CB45, but atleast I will have one and the price I am good with if it is a nice working rifle.
strauch
Beginner

Re: Wish me Luck, 1894CB44

Post by strauch »

do you know how to tell if or code if its a real vintage 1894 marlin? i have a lead on one. they state its a vintage old 100+ year old gun. im new to this vintage gun thing. i own a ton of lever action guns but i cant seem to find the info i need to make sure im buying the real 1894? they are saying its the manufactured year not the model number? any help would be great. for the amount of money they want i do not wanna be paying for a fake.