Scare

Anything Shot Gun related

Moderators: Regnier (gunrunner), JohnK, Sure-Shot

Emmett Dunham
Pro-Marksman

Scare

Post by Emmett Dunham »

This kind of thing goes on all the time, someone makes a negitive statement and give no reference to were the info came from or how to get to it. I have a model 26 and I have tryed to find someone who knows about them or has one that I can ask some questions and in two years I have had no responces.

Emmett
Regnier (gunrunner)
Distinguished Expert

Post by Regnier (gunrunner) »

Emmett;

By now, you should have figured out that the Model 26 is a rather rare model of the Marlin shotguns. It was such a "plain jane" gun, that other models filled the bill and Marlin no doubt pushed them instead. The Model 26 was a solid frame gun and why not have a takedown gun instead. The shorter barrels probably were not received as well either.
Personally, I cannot say I have ever seen a Model 26 in all the years I have messed with old Marlins.
I hope this helps.
Jim Susemihl
Beginner

Post by Jim Susemihl »

What kind of questions do you have. I do not own a model 26 but I do have a model 17 solid frame gun and I have a book with dissassembly and assembly instructions for the model 26. Maybe I can be of some help. I do have 8 other Marlin pump shotguns and have had all of them apart and gone through them. Most are pretty much the same with a few differences. Please let me know if I can help.
Regards,
Jim